EB-3B Skilled Workers

EB-3B, Skilled Worker means an alien who is capable of performing skilled labor requiring at least 2 years training or experience. This sub-category covers a variety of skilled workers who do not have a bachelor’s degree, for example, a specialty foreign food cook (e.g. Chinese, Japanese, Italian food) may qualify as a skilled worker.


Basic Requirements

  • You must be able to demonstrate at least 2 years of job experience or training
  • You must be performing work for which qualified workers are not available in the United States


Priority for Immigrant Visas. Even though EB-3A and EB-3B have different qualification requirement, they have the same priority for immigrant visa.


Labor Certification (LC):  Labor certification and a permanent, full-time job offer required.


Application Process

Your employer (petitioner) must file a Form I-140, Petition for Alien Worker. As part of the application process, your employer must be able to demonstrate an ability to pay the offered wage as of your visa priority date. Your employer may use an annual report, federal income tax return, or audited financial statement to demonstrate an ability to pay your wage.